Sunday, September 20, 2009

STUDY IN COLOR / CUTOUTS










To cutout the leaves I used the selection tool. After I had the image selected, I feathered it,and copied the image. I opened up a new file with a white background and sized both images.The original photo I changed the levels and the saturation.
THE COLOR BROWN:


EDITS and INFO:
PHOTO#1:BROWN EYED GIRL: 09-15-09; 12:15 p.m; REXBURG-HOME;NIKON D70;
PHOTO#2:BROWN HORSES: 09-15-09; 12:58 p.m;REXBURG-COUNTRY ROAD;NIKON D70
PHOTO#3:BROWN BARN: 09-19-09; 6:19 p.m; LOGAN,UTAH;NIKON D70
PHOTO#4:BROWN BOWLS: 09-17-09; 1:30 p.m; REXBURG-HOME;NIKON D70
*I could not locate my f-stop
I changed the levels and added a burned border to all of the photos. I used Macro on #1, so that I could get up close on the eyes. On #2 and #3 I pumped up the saturation a little. On #4 I did a Gaussian blur.

5 comments:

  1. These are amazing. Savannah's eyes are beautiful. I love the egdes around all the pictures. The horses are really cool and I love how everything is so different. Your leaf looks really good too. Your really good! I have no critiques I thought they were all awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the eyes. This shot worked very well close up like this. I also really like the fact that she is not looking into the camera. This makes it look like you caught a moment rather then took a picture. I also really like the bowls. The wood in the back and the brown on the bowls really sucked me in for some reason. I think the picture of the horses could have improved. I felt the right side of the picture was really heavy. Maybe composing the shop a little different would have helped. Also this straight on shop felt really typical. I think changing the angle would have given this shop more an artistic look. Your cut out looked very clean and professional. I think the leaves in themselves were a thing of beauty. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also really liked the eyes and how you were able to catch the image in the girls eye. You were also able to catch the deep rich brown of her eye color. I also liked how her head was positioned, because it help show the child in the photo even though she was a child. I liked the picture of the horses and how one is head on facing the camera and the other is turned into the horse. I also like how they are off centered and there is space to the left of them. I like the barn color but there's something missing and I just can't put my finger on it. It's a good subject but there doesn't seem to be a much story telling. The bowels are a great photo. I like how they step down and then you have the shelve lines on top and on bottom helping attention. Nice shot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOW!! These are all AMAZING photos! You have great & creative subjects, nice composition, eye-catching color contrats ... are you already a professional? :) Your cut-out looks great and I love the rich colors in the leaves as well. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell you take a lot of pictures. I thought that many of your pictures were clever and you brought out some deep browns in your pictures. I especially liked the last one because you did such a great job showing the contrast in the colors. It makes the picture really stand out from the rest.

    ReplyDelete